RCS for System V

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Sun Aug 14 12:12:19 AEST 1988

woods at gpu.utcs.Toronto.EDU (Greg Woods) writes:
> I find SCCS is by far the more powerful and capable of the two.

	Spoken like somebody who has used both of them and is thus in a
position to "compare and contrast".  Please do -- unsupported "X is better
than Y" statements leave the reader cold.

	Me?  I'm a true-blue RCS fan (RCS vs. SCCS has to rank up there
with Sys5 vs. BSD and emacs vs. vi for silly religious wars).  I find RCS
basicly does everything I need to do.  On the other hand, if somebody could
show me why SCCS is better in concrete terms, I might consider changing my
mind.  I guess that means I not a True Believer.
--
Roy Smith, System Administrator
Public Health Research Institute
{allegra,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers}!phri!roy -or- phri!roy at uunet.uu.net