Loss of USENET gateway service

UNIX Wizards unix-wizards-request at BRL.MIL
Mon Aug 29 14:53:55 AEST 1988

      Good morning,

   With our switch out of the ARPA domain, the computer performing the
USENET to Internet gateway service somehow became unable to pass the
traffic.  When the difficulty was noted, an attempt to correct the
problem was made.  This failed.  The people responsible for our USENET
connection are continuing work on the problem and expect to have it
solved shortly.

   In the meantime, please bear with us.  The net effect will be the
loss of the digests for the Internet subscribers.  USENET readers should
not be affected.

--for Mike Muuss,
				Later,
				    Bob