Use of select in NeWS.

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Thu Feb 25 04:11:50 AEST 1988

>Perhaps they weren't _that_ concerned with portability, or else they
>wanted to make sure than NeWS ran better on their hardware than on
>anything else (so everyone buys their hardware to get the best
>version..).
>
>					- Bill

Yeah Bill, great plot heh! It would probably take 10 or 15 minutes to
track down the select() bug thereby crushing the competition by
forcing a late release...And I suppose Athena puts all those NULL
pointer bugs into X-windows as a plot to force people to buy Vaxes!

C'mon, I can't believe you said this, do you really believe this is
true?

	-Barry Shein, Boston University