current pwd in prompt

Kevin Cosgrove 627-5212 kevinc%bearcat.lim.tek.com at relay.cs.net
Tue Feb 9 11:00:01 AEST 1988

Dave,

> Can anyone explain to me how to get my prompt to be the current directory? I
> have tried several methods without any success. It seems that no matter what
> method I try, the prompt is evaluated once and never changes.
>
> Just in case it matters, I am on an AT&T 3B2/400 running korn shell under UNIX
> System V.3.1.
>
> Thanks,
>	Dave Mensing
>
>	mensing.henr801c at xerox.com
>	(716) 427-6423

	I use the following alias with  C shell.  I put the following line
	in my ~/.cshrc file.

	alias  cd 'chdir \!*;set prompt="[`whoami`@`hostname`-$cwd:t] "'

	Kevin Cosgrove           	Tektronix, Inc.
	11K Plug-Ins Project Leader	PO Box 500, M/S 47-092
	LIM Product Test Engineering 	Beaverton, OR  97077
	kevinc at bearcat.LIM.TEK.COM	(503)-627-5212