Looking for errors and needed improvements in Amdahl UTS manuals

Herber rjh at ihlpa.ATT.COM
Thu Feb 25 04:57:06 AEST 1988

First, what this request is not! I am not requesting system or program
enhancement or change requests, software featuresm or new programs you
want added to UTS. UTS is a registered trademark of Amdahl Corporation
for their version of the UNIX, which is a registered trademark of AT&T
Corporation, operating system. UTS executes on Amdahl processors and
plug-compatable machines, under VM, such as IBM 308x and 3090 processors.
I am not, with this request, requesting system or program error reports
-- there are other proper channels for handling these.

Second, what this request is! I am looking for problems in the UTS manuals
themselves. I am requesting reports of bad organization; missing indices;
missing material; misspellings; awkward wordings; material presented out
of order; missing cross references; incorrect cross references; options
documented that do not exist; options that exist that are not documented;
options that work differently than documented; documentation for commands,
calls, services, files, etc. that does not exist; etc.

I request that you send me your responses by e-mail and include the
following information: the name of the manual, the version of the manual
(the version of UTS that it refers to is sufficient), sufficient material
to identify the material being discussed, such as "cat(1) description,"
and, if you like, who you are, complete with return e-mail address.
Please, put 'UTS manual' in the subject line of your e-mail.

	Randolph J. Herber, Amdahl Sr Software Support Eng,
	..!ihnp4!ihlpa!rjh, (312) 979-6553,
	IH 6X213, AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL 60566