UNIX BBS wanted; summary of responses

Sysop account levine at atpal.UUCP
Sat Feb 6 02:10:52 AEST 1988

A brief description was provided of the Magpie BBS.  I will
add a subjective impression after being both user and Sysop.

I ran an RBBS system for 1 year, helped develop Colossus and
worked with dBBS.  Magpie is a different kettle of fish.

It is the ideal conferencing system, message postings rose
from an average of 10-20 / month to over 1000.  We accumulated
over 15,000 messages in just over a year.  The system is blazingly
fast on xenix/386.  New users are often intimidated, but building an
interactive tutorial is a cynch.  For a quick taste, give
AtPal a call at 718-238-7855, or send mail at phri!bc-cis!lldev!atpal!levine.