UDP Socket Question

Claude Laferriere claude at intech.arpa
Wed Feb 10 00:14:43 AEST 1988

Dear Netlanders:

	We run Ultrix v2.0 on a MicroVAX II.  We only have a binary
distribution so I wonder if someone out there could come up with an
answer to a problem we are having with UDP and elcsd.

	On startup, we notice the following line in the appropriate
error log file:

	elcsd:datagram socket bind error; can't assign requested address.

Doing a netstat shows only tcp in the listen state.  There used to be
a time when a netstat would show both tcp and udp, with udp associated
with elcsd.  elcsd is still running, however, and error logging is
still functioning.

	Any pointer as to what is happening and why would be greatly
appreciated.

Claude Laferriere		Internet:	claude at intech.arpa
Intellitech			Phone:		(613)236-7803