Unix on a VAXCluster ??

Chris Torek chris at trantor.umd.edu
Sun Feb 28 05:28:44 AEST 1988

In article <985 at luth.luth.se> roland at sm.luth.se (Roland Hedberg) writes:
>The subject says it all, is it possible to run Unix on a Vax cluster.

The next major release of Ultrix (3.0) is supposed to support
clusters.  (Never having used VMS clusters before, I am curious as
to why one would not want to `break up the cluster'.  What exactly
does using VMS cluster hardware buy you over using 4BSD networking,
aside from `well we already have it so we want to use it' [valid,
but to me irrelevant]?)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Computer Science, +1 301 454 7163
(hiding out on trantor.umd.edu until mimsy is reassembled in its new home)