correction to request for shared memory synchronization info.

Noel Bell chcu275 at ut-emx.UUCP
Thu Feb 25 15:59:53 AEST 1988

 The following is a re-posting of a previous article with the correct
 name for the SCO XENIX shared memory routine (sdwaitv) :

  I am using SCO XENIX 2.1 to read and write data on an IEEE-488 GPIB
  interface.  The XENIX op. sys. runs on an AT which serves as a
  supervisor to a XT slave.  The reads are set up to occur at a specific
  time interval.  The writes occur at a specific time interval but also
  can occur at arbitrary times.

 * begin corrected paragraph*

  What is the best way to synchronize this GPIB activity?  Should I use
  "sdwaitv" with shared memory to delay action until the current read or
  write leaves the shared memory? ( I think this would be similar to
  using semaphores on Sys 3 which are not supported on  Sys V. according
  to my manuals. )

 *end of corrections*

  I would appreciate any advice on this matter.  Also, are there any good
  references for process control on UNIX/XENIX systems that provide more
  info. than the SCO or UNIX Sys.V manuals.

  Thanks in advance for any suggestions provided.

 I apologize for the necessity of repeating this posting.

  Noel Bell
  Department of Chemical Engineering
  Univ. of Texas at Austin