Ksh Breaks With Mt. Xinu Kernel

Dan Ts'o dan at rna.UUCP
Thu Feb 18 16:05:24 AEST 1988

In article <18 at uvaarpa.virginia.edu> mer6g at uvaarpa.Virginia.EDU (Marc E. Rouleau) writes:
)-Recently we replaced the 4.3BSD kernel on a MicroVax with the enhanced
)-4.3BSD kernel from Mt. Xinu.  ...
)-Anyway, ksh, which we ported over from our AT&T toolchest, no longer
)-works very well.  In particular, the ENV variable (ENV=.kshrc) is broken.
)-Upon login, ksh executes the user's .profile, but not the .kshrc.
)-Also, history doesn't work at all, even when you set the HISTFILE variable.

	Your copy of ksh could still be using dup(fd|DUPFLAG, fd1) rather than
dup2(). Check for occurances of DUPFLAG and replace with dup2() calls.