Shared Memory in BSD4.3 is lacking?

Chris Torek chris at trantor.umd.edu
Thu Feb 25 07:31:37 AEST 1988

In article <1155 at ucsfcca.ucsf.edu> roland at rtsg.lbl.gov (Roland McGrath) writes:
>Okay, I'll give.  What *will* the next release be??????

I wish I knew.  Mike Karels had been using the name `4.3a' temporarily,
but found that IBM has already used that name for a PC/RT release.
In the meantime, I have been calling it `4.3+', `4.3++', and (the
latest) `4.3T': T for Tahoe.

Anyway, there *is* an update to 4.3BSD in the wings, but it probably will
not be called 4.4.  Apparently tacking a suffix onto an existing name
makes it easier to convince the lawyers to use the same contract, or
something.

>Dick Karpinski  Manager of Unix Services, UCSF Computer Center

(So why does not this match the author name listed above?)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Computer Science, +1 301 454 7163
(hiding out on trantor.umd.edu until mimsy is reassembled in its new home)