AT&T Joining OSF

Charles L Ditzel benoni at ssc-vax.UUCP
Sat Jul 30 10:11:47 AEST 1988

in article <2200021 at hpisoa1.HP.COM>, vandys at hpisoa1.HP.COM (Andrew Valencia) says:
>     I'm no IBM'er (and if you saw me, you'd probably bet I'll never be! :->),
> but it isn't fair to make comments about the performance which OSF's AIX
> will deliver.  It is "supposed" to be a significant rework of AIX.  Until
> we have seen the actual OSF AIX, it just isn't fair to make comments about
> its performance.
Spare me. It is as appropriate to make comments about OSF's AIX as it is
to be gullible enough to believe the OSF's event marketing.  It's vapor
ware and if it's anything like the AIX i tried a few weeks back then i
think the comments his comments were appropriate ...