Input Line Editing

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Sun Jul 31 21:33:35 AEST 1988

As quoted from <16553 at brl-adm.ARPA> by rbj at nav.icst.nbs.gov (Root Boy Jim):
+---------------
| ? From: Gregg Wonderly <gregg at a.cs.okstate.edu>
|
| ? I just solved that problem here by writing a KSH style history and
| ? command line editor subroutine that is called gets().
|
| As you no doubt already know, there is already a function named gets().
| How about choosing another name?

Uh, Jim, given that we're talking about retrofitting smart line editing into
existing programs, what's easier than replacing libc.a(gets.o)?  (Aside from
doing so in a shlib so you don't have to recompile every program on the
system?)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc