Unix optimized for SPARC?

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Sat Jul 2 03:12:03 AEST 1988

  There are two reasons why UNIX won't get to be a SPARC o/s. You can
believe at least one of them.

a) Sun and ATT are nice guys and wouldn't do a thing like that.

b) Sun and ATT support, sell, or use 68k, 386, SPARC, 3Bxx, VAX. I
realize that ATT will probably phase out the remaining VAXen, but I
would expect the rest of the crowd to stay.

A freind who works for ATT tells me that what runs in the switches as
UNIX, but I don't know if that's true, and if the switches are some form
of 3B.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)