BSD:sockets::SVID:(what?)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Fri Jul 1 06:22:52 AEST 1988

In article <2820 at ttidca.TTI.COM> mb at ttidca.tti.com (Michael Bloom) writes:
>Portions of "the big question are": Will IP/UDP/TCP be rewritten as
>streams modules? What about the UNIX domain?

I thought it had been, by Wollongong over a year ago.

>Will streams itself be different in 5.4? Sun has documented that they
>had to "extend" streams just to be able to provide a streams terminal
>driver that could handle the bsd functionality not present in system V
>tty drivers.

The only thing I can think of that might need an extension would be
adding back the delimiter messages (M_DELIM) that Dennis originally had
in his prototype streams implementation.  I have been told that these
have been added to STREAMS in whatever the latest SVR3 release is.