Multiple Lex Program Question

Jukka Ukkonen jau at tut.fi
Wed Jul 27 03:30:30 AEST 1988

>From article <690 at galaxy>, by dave at andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Dave Bloom):
> Here's a question for all you lex(1) fanatics out there:
>
> What I need to do is create several lex functions to be
> called from the same program at different times... so
> instead of calling yylex(), I may want to call yylex_a(),
> yylex_b()... etc.

	There is a program called 'flex' (for fast lex) that enables
	one to define the name (and even the call parameters if you
	wish) of the generated lex-function to avoid naming conflicts.
	The same supporting routines can be used for all lex-functions.
	It has many other advantages over the ordinary 'lex' as well.
	According to the manual page the author of flex is:
		Vern Paxson
		Real Time Systems
		Bldg. 46A
		Lawrence Barkeley Laboratory
		1 Cyclotron Road
		Berkeley, CA 94720
	Mail addresses:
		vern at lbl-csam.arpa
		ucbvax!lbl-csam!vern

	I hope this helps you to find a solution to your problem.

					- jau -