Unix optimized for SPARC?

Len Lattanzi len at mips.COM
Sun Jul 3 11:42:34 AEST 1988

In article <4741 at vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com> barnett at steinmetz.ge.com (Bruce G. Barnett) writes:
:In article <3cf8d4d5.d8e9 at apollo.uucp> gallen at diskless.UUCP (Gary Allen) writes:
:|>But that is an old topic. The new one is that OSF plans to
:|>remove all of the AT&T code			 	eventually.
:|
:|Not according to any statement made by anyone at OSF.
:
:I read this in one of the trade journals last week. (Can't find the issue).
:But someone from IBM announced that their eventual plans were to
:remove all of the AT&T code.
:
:I apologize for not having the reference.
:--
:	Bruce G. Barnett 	<barnett at ge-crd.ARPA> <barnett at steinmetz.UUCP>
:				uunet!steinmetz!barnett

See Computer Systems News 6/27/88 "OSF Plans Sunset for AT&T Code"

Ira Goldstein, temporary director of research for OSF and formerly
manager of R&D for technical systems at HP, made the announcement.
--
 Len Lattanzi	(len at mips.com)	<{ames,prls,pyramid,decwrl}!mips!len>
 Synthesis Software Solutions, Inc.