AT&T Joining OSF

H. L. Rogers rogers at ofc.Columbia.NCR.COM
Wed Jul 27 03:19:44 AEST 1988

In article <347 at spies.UUCP>  writes:
>Well, boys and girls, according to today's Computer World, ATT has decided
>to join OSF!! They are submitting Open Look as OSFix's interface standard,
>replying to the OSF RFP.  Waddya think?  Does this mean a still more
>radical revision of Sys V rev 4's licensing terms?
>
>Us Inquiring Minds want to know!

With all due respect to those of you who wear the blue suits (as in
Big Blue), I hope this means the development base for "OSFix"
becomes SVR4 instead of AIX.  AIX may be a great implementation,
but its performance metrics leave a bit to be desired.

Does AT&T membership give respectability to the OSF crowd?
--
HL Rogers    (hl.rogers at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM)