AT&T Joining OSF

Andrew Valencia vandys at hpisoa1.HP.COM
Thu Jul 28 01:36:48 AEST 1988

/ hpisoa1:comp.unix.wizards / rogers at ofc.Columbia.NCR.COM (H. L. Rogers) / 10:19 am  Jul 26, 1988 /
>...I hope this means the development base for "OSFix"
>becomes SVR4 instead of AIX.  AIX may be a great implementation,
>but its performance metrics leave a bit to be desired.

    I'm no IBM'er (and if you saw me, you'd probably bet I'll never be! :->),
but it isn't fair to make comments about the performance which OSF's AIX
will deliver.  It is "supposed" to be a significant rework of AIX.  Until
we have seen the actual OSF AIX, it just isn't fair to make comments about
its performance.
					Andy Valencia

In case you hadn't noticed, these are *my* opinions, not HP's.