Why DEC doesn't need an ABI

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Wed Jul 6 03:53:12 AEST 1988

As quoted from <686 at spectrix.UUCP> by clewis at spectrix.UUCP (Chris Lewis (It's loose again!)):
+---------------
| In article <8185 at ncoast.UUCP> allbery at ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
| |that (a) DEC does not license the VAX processor for anyone else's use, and
| |(b) DEC sells the only true commercial VAX UNIX.
|
| And I agree that most of the other versions of UNIX you mention aren't
| "commercial".  But, what about HCR's SVR3 for VAXen?  They've been shipping
| for several months now (I think).  That I would consider "commercial"...

I hadn't heard of that, and hereby withdraw my argument.  Thanks for the
update.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc