Emulex UD33 - DEC UDA50

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Sun Jul 24 04:04:41 AEST 1988

In article <12655 at mimsy.UUCP> I wrote:
>I used to have a similar problem [machine hangs waiting for I/O] on a 780
>with two UDA50s ....

I should have mentioned that the problem sometimes appeared to be that
the RA81s on one of the UDA50s would go off-line spontaneously.  This
can be seen as the `A' or `B' light on the drive going out.  Other
times, the UDA50 itself would hang.  This shows as an interruption in
the regular light pattern on one of the two Unibus modules (the usual
pattern is one light on, one blinking; the blinking would stop, as I
recall).  Since then the microcode on the UDA50 has been revised.
(Current microcode appears as `version 5 model 6' in printouts from my
driver.  I believe the off-line bug was fixed in version 4, and the
hang bug in version 5, or something like that.)