Open Software Foundation

Dan Ehrlich ehrlich at blitz
Fri Jun 3 02:55:15 AEST 1988

In article <54988 at sun.uucp> sxn at sun.UUCP (Stephen X. Nahm) writes:
>>                                                        Anytime a single
>>company or individual owns that large a block of stock they most
>>assuredly can influence major decisions.
>
>This, of course, is true (even given that AT&T now owns "only" 7.5% of Sun).
>Steve Nahm                              sxn at sun.COM or sun!sxn

Well...  If I owned 7.5% of any company this would almost guarantee a
seat on the board of directors.  Being on a board always looks good on
a vitae.  Anyway, a 7.5% stake still gives AT&T a mighty big stick to
beat SUN over the head with if they get upset.

Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at blitz.cs.psu.edu> | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are
The Pennsylvania State University      | my own, and should not be attributed
Department of Computer Science         | to anyone else, living or dead.
University Park, PA   16802            |