O'pain Software Foundation: (3) relationship to GNU & openness

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at mips.COM
Sun Jun 5 15:50:29 AEST 1988

In article <10344 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell at hector (Eduardo Krell) writes:
>In article <358 at mipseast.mips.COM> rogerk at mipseast.mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) writes:
>>Yes, but when it was started, AT&T wasn't an owner of Sun...
>And it still isn't. AT&T owns a little over 7% of Sun's stocks. That can
>hardly be called ownership.

If it owns *one* share, then it is AN owner, which is what I said.  7%
(plus, as I recal, a board seat) can have quite a bit of influence,
especially when AT&T is contractually committed to being able to own
20%.
--
Roger B.A. Klorese                           MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.
{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!rogerk  25 Burlington Mall Rd, Suite 300