Speaking of ksh

Michael Meissner meissner at xyzzy.UUCP
Fri Jun 3 22:35:00 AEST 1988

In article <300 at hi3.aca.mcc.com.UUCP> ables at hi3.aca.mcc.com.UUCP (King Ables)
writes:

	(summary of converting ksh to use getpwnam deleted)

| Ksh seems to have its own malloc(), free(), and _filbuf()
| which I have renamed everywhere within ksh, but the problem
| hasn't gone away.  I was thinking a duplicate entry point
| would explain the problem, but I think I've elminiated them.
| I now thin something somewhere is overwriting something.

At Data General, we discovered that the internals of the YP stuff
depend on either malloc(0) returning a useable pointer, or that NULL
is an acceptable user address.

In a similar note, I wish that programs would stop replacing
internals of the library, or at least make it an option to
use the default routines.
--
Michael Meissner, Data General.

Uucp:	...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!meissner