Context diffs in diff (was grep replacement)

The Beach Bum haugj at pigs.UUCP
Fri Jun 17 03:11:41 AEST 1988

In article <2418 at cxsea.UUCP>, blm at cxsea.UUCP (Brian Matthews) writes:
> In general I agree, the problem I have using diffc (I'm running System V
> and use diffc quite regularly) is that one of it's arguments can't be
> stdin.

There is a version of diffc which will produce a context diff using
stdin as one file.  Or at least it did the last time I checked.  It
was posted late last fall or winter and should be in Volume 13 or 14
of the comp.unix.sources archive.

- John.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh at rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune