help...

Lindsay Errington dlerrington at watdragon.waterloo.edu
Thu Jun 16 04:05:35 AEST 1988

I've been programming the UNIX computers here at Waterloo logged on to
the VT100.  My friend told me that the UNIX computers can have more
than one person programming them at the same time. This is hard to
believe.  He couldn't explain what would happen if two people weren't
doing the same program. How would the computer keep track of the
floppies? There would have to be more than one keypad, that doesn't
make sense.

On the other hand, I have sometimes noticed that the UNIX seems slow
during the day and fast at night. I figure that it's just because more
people are awake in the daytime and so there's less charge available
down at the power plant for us computer programmers.

He said to use the Pnews program to address comp.unix.wizards and try
to find out.

Many thanks wizards,
Lindsay.