Tool -flag considered harmful

der Mouse mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Thu Jun 23 04:07:31 AEST 1988

In article <8090 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> Hey, while we're at it, have an option to highlight the matched
> pattern(s) in STANDOUT MODE (i.e. add control characters based on
> getenv("TERM") or a -Tname option).

To take this in an entirely different way from what you intended....

I have a program which is like cat except that certain strings
(specified on the command line) get replaced with
underscore-backspace-character sequences.  If the standard output is a
tty, it automagically pipes its output through ul to make it come out
in the appropriate standout mode for the terminal.

					der Mouse

			uucp: mouse at mcgill-vision.uucp
			arpa: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu