grep replacement

greywolf greywolf at unicom.UUCP
Sat Jun 25 07:54:58 AEST 1988

In article <1304 at ark.cs.vu.nl> maart at cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) writes:
# In article <7962 at alice.UUCP> andrew at alice.UUCP writes:
# \...
# \5) divert matching lines onto one fd, nonmatching onto another.
# \	sorry, run grep twice.
#
# Come on! The diversion is no problem at all to implement, and it can be very
# useful (you cannot run grep twice on stdin, without use of temporary files).
# Regards.

Essentially, I think with respect to the tool -flag concept, their
attitude there is "See figure 1."  This is ESPECIALLY true when they have
the opportunity to say "NIH"! (Sounds like the knights from Monty Python:
The Search for the Holy Grail).
	For those of you who do not understand "See figure 1.", I am sure
that there are some people inside AT&T who would be happy to tell you.
They tell me every month on my phone bill.

# --
# South-Africa:                         |Maarten Litmaath @ Free U Amsterdam:
#          revival of the Third Reich |maart at cs.vu.nl, mcvax!botter!ark!maart