Vax 11/780 performance vs Sun 4/280 performance

MFHorn arosen at eagle.ulowell.edu
Wed Jun 1 04:22:28 AEST 1988

In article <601 at modular.UUCP> olson at modular.UUCP (Jon Olson) writes:
> there is a knee in the performance curve of the Sun-4/280 at > 15 processes
> And the Sun-3's are no better: the knee there is >7 processes.

Some time ago I saw a Sun 3/280 with a load average of 17+.  There were
17 'extra' jobs running.  I don't know what they were doing (they weren't
mine), but there was no [noticable] degradation in response time at all.

Andy Rosen           | arosen at hawk.ulowell.edu | "I got this guitar and I
ULowell, Box #3031   | ulowell!arosen          |  learned how to make it
Lowell, Ma 01854     |                         |  talk" -Thunder Road
                   RD in '88 - The way it should be