O'pain Software Foundation: (2) Why is it better than AT&T?

Bruce bak at csd-v.UUCP
Sun Jun 5 09:08:34 AEST 1988

In article <55234 at sun.uucp> guy at gorodish.Sun.COM (Guy Harris) writes:
>> Parting shot: If IBM is so impressed by Unix, why aren't they on Usenet?
>> Can you say FUD?
>
>Fascinating theory; the only trouble with it is that IBM *IS* on USENET.
>Contributions from IBMers are't frequent, but they do occur.  In addition, I
>fail to see what membership in USENET, or the lack thereof, has to do with FUD.

Funny I've never seen a contribution with "Organization: IBM..." in
any posting to comp.unix....  So IBM employee contributions must be
*very* infrequent.

FUD can be engendered amongst employees even more easily than customers.

--
  Bruce Kern                                 |  uunet!swlabs!csd-v!bak
  Computer Systems Design                    |  1-203-270-0399