lp/lpr interface

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Sat Jun 18 04:40:47 AEST 1988

In article <56808 at sun.uucp> guy at gorodish.Sun.COM (Guy Harris) writes:

| If you have a UUCP that works over e.g. TCP on both sides; the current SunOS
| one doesn't support TCP connections.

  But it does... no change in uucp is needed. My system has a device
which has the characteristic of reading the first line sent after an
open and doing a telnet connection to that machine. All it takes is an
L.sys line something like:
  machine Any ttyT16 9600 ttyT16 "" machine gin:--gin: uuxxx ord: yyy

and you get a connection to uucico coming in on the telnet socket, which
uucico can't tell from a serial connection. I *think* it can be done
without a special device if your system allows you to write your own
dialer, but I haven't felt the need to try it.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)