grep replacement (search w/context)

Jim Hutchison hutch at net1.ucsd.edu
Sun Jun 5 09:49:59 AEST 1988

I can think of a few nasty ways to do this one, I am hoping to get
a better answer.

A grep with a window of context around it.  A few lines proceeding and
following the pattern I am looking for.  The VMS search command sported
this as an option/qualifier.  I miss it sometimes (not VMS, just a few
of the more wacky utilities, like the editor option for creation of
multi-key data base files :-).

/*    Jim Hutchison   		UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!cs!net1!hutch
		    		ARPA:	Hutch at net1.ucsd.edu
Disclaimer:  The cat agreed that it would be o.k. to say these things.  */