lp/lpr interface

David R. Linn drl%backup at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 15 07:07:15 AEST 1988

Before I reinvent the wheel, can anyone provide pointers on interfacing
lpr- and lp-based spooling?  I have a network with both SUNOS/BSD machines
and HP-UX/SYSV machines and would like to be able to print from any machine
to any printer; that is, I would like to use lp(1) on an HP-UX machine to
print across our Ethernet to an Apple LaserWriter on a Sun machine and I
would also like to use lpr(1) to print from a Sun to a HPIB printer on
an HP machine.

|  System Manager, Vanderbilt University School of Engineering		|
|INET:	drl at vuse.vanderbilt.edu [129.59.100.1] (or root at vuse...)	|
|UUCP:	...!uunet!vuse!drl		CSNET:	drl at vanderbilt.csnet	|
|AT&T:	(615)322-7924			BITNET:	linndr at vuengvax		|
|USPS:	P.O. Box 1824, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA, 37235	|
+======== "I can sing louder than you" - T. S. `Dr. Seuss' Geisel ======+