invoking ELM filter rules - summary

Gregg Zupcsics gregg at utx1.UUCP
Mon Jun 6 00:25:09 AEST 1988

   Thanks to all those who responded to my inquiry re ELM filter rules.
My filter rules are now being invoked (and stranger still, they seem to
be working).

   It turns out that in order to invoke elm "filter rules", two things
must be done that may not be immediately obvious:

1) the full pathname to the filter program must be given
2) the line in the .forward file which invokes the filter program
   must be enclosed in quotes

My ~/.forward file now looks like this:

    "| /u3/exptools/bin/filter >>/u7/gregg/.filter_errs"

Thanks again,
Gregg
--
Gregg Zupcsics                       {allegra|codas}!novavax!utx1!gregg
Racal-Milgo, P.O. Box 407044, Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33340, (305) 476-6332