Alternate net-to-net gateways

J. Eichelberger eichelbe at nadc.arpa
Wed Jun 29 07:30:08 AEST 1988

Although this is not really a UNIX question, I know that many of you will
have good answers to this question.  Our host, NADC.ARPA, is on MILNET
(Internet).  Yes, I know that the name is bad, but we will get it fixed
one day.  Currently, we want to send mail to BITNET hosts using the host
CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU as a gateway between Internet and BITNET.  But CUNYVM is
crowded lately.  Are there other "well-known" hosts for the transport
of mail between Internet and BITNET?

Also, any information on other hosts for other net-to-net mail transports
would be helpful.  What about CSNET, etc. ?

Thank you.
   Jon Eichelberger
   eichelbe at NADC.ARPA