touch (Was Re: -since option for ls -lt)

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Fri Jun 24 06:22:15 AEST 1988

In article <712 at ubu.warwick.UUCP>, maujd at warwick.UUCP (Geoff Rimmer) writes:
> [various talking about times and dates of files]

> NAME
>      touch - update times of last access and  modification  of  a
>      file
>
> SYSTEM V SYNOPSIS
>      touch [ -c ] [ -a ] [ -m ] [ mmddhhmm[yy] ] filename ...

Just an unrelated tidbit for you folks who can't remember the format
for the date command in set-the-date mode.  On Sys V, touch's usage
message includes the format for the date: it's the same as date's.
I always use "-x", which is an illegal arg, and it looks like:

	touch: illegal option -- x
	usage: touch [-amc] [mmddhhmm[yy]] file ...

Just for fun...
--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc. (714) 545-6442      3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl

Nancy Reagan on the Mac-II architecture: "Just say Nu"