Parodies

Root Boy Jim rbj at ICST-CMR.ARPA
Thu Jun 16 06:48:32 AEST 1988

? From: der Mouse <mouse at mcgill-vision.uucp>
? In article <16097 at brl-adm.ARPA>, rbj at icst-cmr.arpa (Root Boy Jim) writes:
? > Repeat after me:
? > 		We all live in a signal trampoline...
?
? All right, you asked for it.  Here's my contribution.  Some of you may
? know how mis-designed or mis-configured PACX systems tend to eat
? control characters (commonly ^S and ^Q)....I was walking around the
? house one day with tunes running through my head and this more or less
? fell into place for me.
?
? 1 2 3 4
? 1 2
? Let me tell you how it will be
? There's 1 for you, 15 for me
? 'Cause I'm the PACX MAN

How about "'Cause I'm the PACX, man"?

? (Uh-uh, Mr. Ritchie...)

It's "Hah hah Mr. X"

And while we're doing the Beatles, here's one on "Yesterday"

Leprosy
All my skin is falling off of me
I'm not half the man I used to be
Oh how did I get Leprosy?

Syphilis
It all started with a little kiss
Now it even hurts to take a piss
Oh how did I get Syphilis?

OK, you want some technical content? Here's one on "Ship of Fools",
by the Grateful Dead from Mars Hotel, reissued on CD:

                Chip of Fools  (8086 Family)

                Forrest Cook            1988

        Sung to the Hunter-Garcia tune "Ship of Fools"

Ran a C compiler, strangest I could find,
Couldn't make a large array cross your segment line
I won't slave to set your page, likewise learn your rules
but I would slave to learn the way to halt your chip of fools

Refrain ()
{
        Chip of fools, on a Pee Cee
        Chip of fools, snail away from me
        It was later than I thought when you quit compiling,
        Now I cannot read your core dump chip of fools
}

Saw your first chip sync and burn from programs that I wrote
All that could not sink or source were just left there to float
I won't leave you looping there but oh it makes me wild
Thirty hours upon my code, so little data filed

Refrain ();

The bottleneck is empty as it was filled before
Time there was a plenty to run that code no more
Though I could not caution all, you know I still might warn a few
Don't lend your code to set no flags within no chip of fools

Refrain ();

? 					der Mouse
?
? 			uucp: mouse at mcgill-vision.uucp
? 			arpa: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?