Ultrix == Unix

Sharan Kalwani shan at mcf.UUCP
Sun Mar 20 01:46:20 AEST 1988

In article <5533 at swan.ulowell.edu> page at swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes:
>grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) wrote:
>>about the time 4.3 BSD comes with DECnet, LAT, disk based partition
>>tables and now NFS, I'll have it running here a week later.

George,

One can get 4.3 BSD with NFS I think Mt. Xinu does that already. About LAT's
there are other solutions too. Is DECNET such a big deal right now?
You can consider other protocols and be eminently compatible with
lots of systems around.

>Interesting that some sites try to get their UNIX machines to look
>like VMS boxes (at least as far as functionality goes), while others
>are trying to get their VMS machines to look like UNIX boxes...

Touche, Bob!

>Administration here is threatening to trade my 750 (4.3) for an
>8000-class machine.  I hope I can convince them to make it an 8200 so
 ^^^^

 Well if the admin types don't know any better, why not plug for an
 8600 or 8650 ?  It should satisfy their way of looking at things.

 Now that's the ticket :-)

--
sharan "alf" kalwani.  110 east warren detroit mi 48201. (313) 833-0710 x411
USENET: ...!{ihnp4!mibte, uunet!umix, philabs!fmsrl7, ucbvax!mtxinu}!mcf!shan