SVR3.0 vs BSD4.3

Systems Programmer niuvax!sys1 at anl-mcs.arpa
Sat Mar 26 12:20:47 AEST 1988

     In UNIX-WIZARDS Digest V4#191 dhesi at bsu-cs.uucp (Rahul Dhesi) writes:

>Here are some things I see under 4.3BSD that I don't see under SVR3,
>unless they are either not documented or I somehow missed them.  I'm
>comparing the full packages, not just the kernels.
>
>   [long surrounding list of other nice things deleted --SJB]
>   one complete KWIC index for all manuals

     I like the rest of the list, but this item is bogus.  Of the first
*ten* items I looked up in that index, *not a single one* was at (or
even near) the place listed for it in the index.  I guess some days I'm
a slow learner :- |

                                       Scott Bennett
                                       Systems Programming
                                       Northern Illinois University
                                       DeKalb, Illinois 60115
* uucp:    {decvax,ihnp4,ucbvax}!anlams!niuvax!sys1                  *
* BITNET:  A01SJB1 at NIU                                               *