Help us defend against VMS!

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Thu Mar 3 14:16:08 AEST 1988

In article <5586 at elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> david at elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (David Robinson) writes:
>In article <68 at musky2.MUSKINGUM.EDU>, terrell at musky2.MUSKINGUM.EDU (Roger Terrell) writes:
>> VMS ADVANTAGES:
>>    - VMS documentation blows UNIX documentation out of the water
>
>Huh?!  VMS is VERY poorly documented if you want to do anything non-trivial.
>They tend to only cover the obvious cases, and leave you to guess at the
>complex cases.  All sorts of things are hidden or undocumented.

	I'm sure that VMS is completely documented, I just haven't found
the right manual yet. I've been working my way through the manuals in the
document library and I'm half way through the second cabnet, (3 shelves to
go), So I should find what I'm looking for by mid May. I hope I can remember
what it was by the time I find it.

	I had this idea for a new horror film, "VMS Manuals from Hell" or maybe
"The Paper Chase : IBM vs. DEC". Its based on Hitchcock's "The Birds", except
that It's centered around a programmer who is attacked by a swarm of binder
pages with an index number and the single line "This page intentionally left
blank."

--
					:alex.

nerwin!alex at umbc3.umd.edu