More Questions about Sun OS/ATT Merged UNIX.

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP
Fri Mar 4 02:09:57 AEST 1988

  In the current SunOS3 implementation, if the first thing in your path
is "/usr/ucb" you get a BSDish environment, while if it is "/usr/5bin"
you get a SysV environment.

  The option works well enough that I have had to select USG rather than
BSD in a number of programs, most recently MicroEMACS. I haven't tried
the current environment for shared memory and semiphores, but that will
be high on my list for SunOS 5.

  Hope others have additional info.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)