SVR3.0 vs BSD4.3

Larry McVoy lm at arizona.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:02:46 AEST 1988

In article <12414 at brl-adm.ARPA> rbj at icst-cmr.arpa (Root Boy Jim) writes:

>   From: Doug Gwyn  <gwyn at brl-smoke.arpa>
>
>   SVR3.0 is the first AT&T UNIX system release that I would rate as
>   technically the equal of, or superior to, 4.nBSD on all major counts.
>
>The *first* one? I thought you were a believer years ago.

I missed the opener on this one; are you really serious, Doug?  What do you
mean by technically superior?  A nicer implementation of the disk sched
alg?  Or a more reasonable computing environ as defined by the system
call interface?  Or something else, somewhere inbetween?

Just curious,
--

Larry McVoy	lm at arizona.edu or ...!{uwvax,sun}!arizona.edu!lm