PE 3220 (v7) loses chars at input>1200bps - help!

Narayan Mohanram narayan at tandem.UUCP
Sat Mar 5 09:11:32 AEST 1988

The problem is that the UART on the PE terminal board
can handle only one character. If you run faster than 1200
baud, then the interrupts come in faster than every 50 ms, which
kind of makes interrupt processing impossible. So things get
dropped on its face. I fought this problem even when I had sources to
it. Last time I remember, you could tell the comm board to collect
bytes until a certin number of characters or a certain character was
received, but for UUCP, there was no framing character, that could
distincly tell the Comm board to interrupt. I think you are
stuck at 1200 baud.

narayan at ATI.TIS.LLNL.GOV