RFS vs. NFS

John Kullmann jk at Apple.COM
Sat Mar 26 04:21:30 AEST 1988

In article <616 at sun.soe.clarkson.edu> rob at sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Rob Logan) writes:

>I think the point is rather mute when you consider System V.4
>is shipping with NFS.

Oh please! Give me a break. First, unless you are among the chosen few
to actually be on the inside for V.4 or you can guarantee your statement
please don't tell me about what V.4 is. Next, based on their past
performance, if AT&T is involved I just
don't believe V.4 will be 'out' for 'a long time.' Some of us have to
worry about products we can/are ship(ing) today. Also, even if V.4 has
NFS it stilll doesnt change the fact that no one is using RFS.

These are my opinions, flame me, I couldn't care less.
--
John Kullmann
Apple Computer Inc.