backspace delays on 3B2 PORTS cards

Barry Bron bron at cit5.oz
Mon Mar 7 18:05:19 AEST 1988

In article <55 at vsi.UUCP> friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:

>     We've been running a 3B2/400 for a while and have been
>through a number of releases of the operating system.  One chron-
>ic problem is that PORTS cards (the ones with a parallel port
>and four serial ports) seem to add delays when backspaces are
>written.

	We have a 3B2/400 running Version 5.3 and had noticed the problem
when I installed some new software and found that by using the command
" stty ofill " the problem was solved. I don't know why but it works for us.
It appears there is no diference if you use either " ofdel " or " -ofdel ".
They both work, but is this another problem or is it the fix. I leave that
to others with more knowledge about unix.

Barry Bron  (bron at cit5.oz)