office automation tools available for unix systems

jhs at mitre-bedford.arpa jhs at mitre-bedford.arpa
Sat Mar 19 08:03:35 AEST 1988

We are trying to set up some utility tools on a unix system to keep track of
meetings, do calendar management and conference room scheduling, track action
items, and the like.  Some of this we can do in a rudimentary way with
programs lying around.  However, it begins to look as though commercial or PD
programs already written for these purposes should be investigated.

I would like to request any pointers or recommendations that readers of
this posting can give on where to find programs of the sort mentioned above,
or related programs that you have found to be of great utility in an office
environment.

Also of use would be indirect pointers, i.e. where to look for advertisements
of applicable products.  Unix World is one that I am aware of, for example.

Any help that is forthcoming will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-John Sangster / jhs at mitre-bedford.arpa