Erase/kill on login

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Mar 13 04:33:17 AEST 1988

In article <263 at stcns3.stc.oz>, root at stcns3.stc.oz (System Supervisor) writes:
> Is there any way in Sys V to get to use arbitrary erase/kill characters
> while logging in?  Why those brain-damaged #/@ characters are still used,
> I don't know.  I haven't seen a hard-copy terminal for quite some time...

At least these chars, albeit brain damaged, are standard!  (:-)  The problem
with letting everyone define their very own erase/kill chars is that then noone
knows what to use.  For you, for example, the preferred and intuitive chars are
bs and ^U.  I on the other hand *hate* ^U and use bs and ^X (like it says in
ascii - cancel!).  Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming your choice of chars,
just pointing out that a little more chaos would creep in with those kinds of
settable params.  If you have source code you can easily change it.  At the
very least, #/@ should be supported...
--
Derek Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG	uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!det