DEC TK50 tape drive performance w/4.3BSD

Dave Axness dave at wor-mein.UUCP
Fri Mar 25 01:56:43 AEST 1988

You didn't specify the dump command line that you are using.  I suspect
that you are not using the correct paramaters for a TK50.  We're still
running Ultrix 1.2 on our uVAX II and use the following:

	dump 0unsdb 1200 6250 60 {partition}

Using this I get a little less than 80 Mb on a tape.  Before specifying a
blocking factor, check to make sure that your version of restore will
handle blocking factors other than the default ( 10, I think ).  I had
to obtain a special version from my local DEC office to support this.

Good Luck.

Dave Axness
Quantum Medical Systems
Issaquah, WA