Help us defend against VMS!

Dan Trottier dan at maccs.UUCP
Sun Mar 6 06:43:18 AEST 1988

In article <310 at nancy.UUCP> mcpherso at msudoc.UUCP (=P^ZAZPPPYPYXU	zQYhBYPYo^O) writes:
>Can we *please* stop the UNIX vs. VMS argument.  We have both, we like
>both.
>
><flame on>
>
>	YOU PEOPLE ARE WASTING MY TIME!!!
>
><flame off>

Oh come on now. There are ways in most of the news reader programs to kill
all the articles with a certain subject line. I find these articles both
informative, if not a little biased, and refreshing. We too have both UNIX
and VMS on the campus and many of the arguments on both sides are valid.

Many sites are faced with the problem of which operating system is best
for their application. I hope that these articles can help them make the
best choice. Just because *we* are established and happy doesn't mean that
others are.

The discussion has gone on longer than necessary but it is dying out. I
suggest that if you don't want YOUR time WASTED and you use rn try the "k"
command.

--
       A.I. - is a three toed sloth!        | ...!uunet!mnetor!maccs!dan
-- Official scrabble players dictionary --  | dan at mcmaster.BITNET