Help me before I die again.

root at uokmet.UUCP root at uokmet.UUCP
Wed Mar 30 04:46:00 AEST 1988

>The background information
>---
>Hardware: VAX 11/750, CS21, CDC9762	OS: BSD 4.3
>	up2c: hard error sn38696 cn=241 tn=4 sn=9
>====
>The Problem:
>---
>I decided to mark the sector as bad using bad144(8).
>	bad144 rm03 up2
>returned a two page list - 126 entries.  The entries were not in
>order, and of course there is only room for 126 entries in the bad
>sector list.  Two strikes.
>From speaking with Keith Bostick, it would appear that something
>overwrote the bad sector table.  So I decided to simply create a new
>one.
>
>Thanks,
>Aydin Edguer			!{cbosdg,decvax,sun}!mandrill!edguer

You might check to see if your controller is looking/writing the bad sector
file in the same place that the UNIX driver expects.  Under 2.9bsd, the
RM02 driver looks in the wrong place for the bad sector file when the
controller is an Emulex SC21.

	Kevin W. Thomas
	University of Oklahoma
	School of Meteorology